The new year is often a time when resolutions and predictions abound, an opportunity to reflect upon last year and investigate ways to make this year better. Real Estate is no different. Following are ten things real estate professionals see for the future.
1. New Home Building: After 3 years of almost no new homes being built, the trade is beginning to pick up speed again.
2. Apartments continue to prosper: The last few years have reminded some that renting does have some advantages, like more amenities for the money, more flexibility in housing commitments, and others. It’s not for many but for some it just works.
3. Existing homes and neighborhoods: The trend of building new cities in the middle of nowhere will diminish. Instead smaller communities in established areas will be returning as the norm, along with purchasing the resale home and remodeling and updating it.
4. Modern design: Transitional and warm-modern are expected to be the new “IN” styles this coming year. Lower maintenance and more function for the dollar are cited as drivers to this style of building.
5. Buying for the long term: The last census showed that the average person moves about 11 times. That number is expected to decrease as people get rid of the idea that a home is a short term money maker rather than a home primarily and an investment (long term) secondly.
to be continued: click into our sister site at Yuba-Sutter Home Buys (news & discussions tab) tomorrow to read the rest of the predictions.
For ALL your real estate related needs and/or questions call (530 315-2808) or visit us on line at EncoreRES.com or any of the links below. Please note: all visits to our sites are secure AND confidential. We do NOT track your activity!